Progress Rail Services Corp. Machine Operator- 2nd Shift in Boaz, Alabama
Auto req ID: 2643BR
Posting Title: Machine Operator- 2nd Shift
Job Category: Hourly/Skilled Trades
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Reports directly to and works under the supervision of a Production Supervisor. An Operator III, Machine operates one type of Machine as part of the production process to reconditioning Axles according to AAR and customer requirements.
Key Job Elements
• Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with PRS safety and quality policies;
• Monitor work to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements;
• Demonstrate the ability to properly operate and maintain Machine safely and efficiently;
• Demonstrate the ability to properly use specialized gages;
• Demonstrate proper PM inspection of the assigned machinery;
• Operate overhead cranes.
Education / Training
• High school diploma or equivalent required;
• Minimum 6 months machine operator experience is preferred;
• Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision.
Qualifications and Experience
• Mechanical aptitude and ability to read precision instruments and gauges;
• Ability to work in a fast pace production environment and meet/exceed standards set by company;
• Understand technical drawings and work instructions;
• Capable use of hand and power tools, including pneumatic tools;
• Work around and operate overhead cranes and mobile equipment;
• Work on varied surfaces (concrete floors, gravel, dirt);
• Constant standing, walking, bending, crouching, stooping, kneeling, squatting, overhead reaching;
• Visual acuity;
• Push/pull up to 150 lbs and carry up to 85 lbs;
• Work weekends and overtime as required.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities