Progress Rail Services Corp. Truck Drivers - CDL Mobile Rail Crew in Albertville, Alabama
Auto req ID: 2758BR
Posting Title: Truck Drivers - CDL Mobile Rail Crew
Job Category: Transportation & Logistics
Alternative Work Location: Nationwide
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
• CDL Class A or B Truck Drivers for Mobile Rail Crews;
• May be based out of - Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, etc.;
• Job requires the driver to be away from home for 22 days straight and then off 7 days;
• We assist in transportation home for the seven days off;
• Hourly pay plus per diem and lodging.
Key Job Elements
• Operate trucks that have clutch, manual gear shifts which requires a CDL Class "A" or "B;"
• Must be able to operate a boom-truck; a truck with a small knuckle-boom crane attached;
• Must be able to quickly learn how to use a cutting torch to cut sections of the railroad track;
• Must be able to be away from home for 22 days on work schedule and then have 7 days scheduled off;
• Must be able to perform physical work of lifting up to 50 lbs periodically;
• Must be able to work in various weather conditions and perform duties outside, along railroad tracks.
Qualifications and Experience
• Must have and maintain a valid CDL Class "A" or "B" license;
• Requires a minimum of 2 years of CDL driving experience;
• Must have a clean driving record;
• Must be able to drive manual-shift transmission;
• Must be able to travel and be away from home for 22 days at a time;
• Must be able to operate a truck-mounted small knuckle-boom crane (or able to quickly learn);
• Must be able to operate a cutting torch (or able to quickly learn);
• Must be able to pass a post-offer drug testing program and will be subject to random drug testing.
Progress Rail offers an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Position employment status may affect benefits eligibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities